Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Eli Has a Birthday!


This Friday, May 14, my grandson, Eli, will have his 8th birthday. He has grown up so fast. It is harder and harder for me to keep up with him. As I think about him today I'm convinced that next to my dad he is my best male friend.


We enjoy so many of the same things. French fries and hamburgers, a good John Wayne movie, cowboys and Indians, riding the lawn tractor, animals (especially dogs), the Longhorns and Spurs, and Nana.


I can't begin to express how proud I am of him. I can't begin to express how much I love him. I can't begin to express how much a part of me he is. I pray that he has a great day Friday, a wonderful long life, and especially that he has as great a grandson one day as I do.


Happy Birthday Eli. Wish I was there with you.

Poppa

No comments:

Post a Comment